This website is a collection of information about e-coolers and e-lenses devices at CERN. It is part of the E-Beam Working Group effort for documenting and disseminate the knowledge acquired on those devices.
The E-BEAM Working Group is a forum to:
- Facilitate exchange of information amongst all actors involved in electron beam devices.
- Openly discuss any matter related to the design and operation of electron beam devices.
- Review specifications and needs on electron beam and help translating them into technical requirements.
- Show operational experience and limitations of electron devices, express needs for operation and help improving performance where possible.
- Simulate electron beam to predict and improve the electron beam dynamics
- Simulate beam dynamics in the presence of electron beams to predict cooling or cleaning efficiency.
- Develop and discuss on simulation tools and exchange expertise.
- The official indico space is available here.
- The list of previous (and possible future) meetings is available here.
The E-Beam meetings are public: Please, feel free to subscribe to the E-BEAM e-group to be informed about our next meetings.